The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at Ruhr-Universität Bochum will be awarding a W1 Junior-Professorship in Materials Informatics and Data Sciences at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Advanced Materials Simulation (ICAMS). Pending a positive tenure evaluation, the successful candidate will be subsequently be appointed to a permanent position as professor (W2).
The tenure-track professorship will represent the field “Data-driven Materials Research” in education and research. This comprises:
- Survey and statistical analysis of large amounts of materials data from various sources (literature, experiments, ab initio calculations), „data mining“;
- Development of consistent and searchable data formats for unstructured heterogeneous data;
- Correlation of data using machine learning and artificial intelligence methods;
- Linking with physically-based material laws, hybrid modelling;
- Use of materials data for predictive, knowledge-based materials design and inverse modelling (e.g. damage analysis).
For further information, please follow the link below.