The IfM ICAMS seminar series will continue with the start of the winter term. The seminars take place on Thursdays at 4:00 p.m.
- 27.10.2016 B. Gault: Atom probe as a tool for nanoscale characterization of engineering materials.
- 17.11.2016 Z. Wu: Multiscale modelling of dislocation and plastic deformation in magnesium and other HCP metals.
- 08.12.2016 E. Clouet: First-principles modelling of screw dislocation mobility in Zr and Ti.
- 15.12.2016 M. Friak: Elastic strain engineering based on quantum-mechanical calculations.
- 12.01.2017 U. Kolb: Automated electron Diffraction Tomography (ADT) – a key to complex structures of nano crystals.
- 26.01.2017 C. Koerner: Selective Electron Beam Melting - A powder bed based additive manufacturing technology for high performance alloys.
- 02.02.2017: A. Epishin: Investigation of the g’- strengthened Co-base alloys: quaternary alloys Co-Al-W-Ta and multicomponent alloys.
The Materials Science and Technology Seminar is jointly organized by ICAMS (Interdisciplinary Centre for Advanced Materials Simulation) and the IfM (Institute for Materials). Members of the RUB Materials Research Department MRD and of the DGM Regionalforum Rhein-Ruhr are cordially invited to participate in the seminar. For further information, please contact: Mrs. Christa Hermichen firstname.lastname@example.org , phone: +49 234 32 29310.