Just another WordPress site - Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Input Data and Validation
The ASG Input Data and Validation was instrumental in implementing ICAMS at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum after its foundation in 2007. It continuously interacts with ICAMS scientists in various research projects. Examples for collaborations are:
- high temperature plasticity of tempered martensite ferritic steels,
- formation of Laves phase in tempered martensite ferritic steels,
- the coarsening of Ni4Ti3 particles in NiTi shape memory alloys,
- nanoindentation of pseudoelastic shape memory alloys,
- and micro shear testing of gold single crystals.
The ASG study group IDV is presently at the heart of a collaborative research centre on Ni-base superalloy single crystals funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), SFB/TR 103 which started work in 2012. All three ICAMS departments actively participate in SFB/TR 103 where they promote the field of scale bridging modelling.